Admission for the summer semester 2017/2018 - for Polish citizens and foreigners admitted on equal terms with Polish citizens
The list of studies displayed on this page is limited to the selected registration. If you want to see the rest of the offer, select a different registration.
The application process to studies conducted in English language for the academic year 2018/2019 has been launched in the Internet Registration for Candidates System on a webpage irk.uw.edu.pl. Please check which programmes of study you can sign up for at present.
We invite you to check our calendar for dates and deadlines of application process in 2018 to all programmes of study conducted in English language.
The following groups of candidates are eligible to undertake studies on the terms applicable to Polish citizens:
- Polish citizens
- Polish citizens who also hold a citizenship of another country (under the Polish law, they are not foreigners and are required to take part in the admission process on the rules for Polish nationals)
- foreigners who have been granted a residence permit to settle
- foreigners who hold refugee status granted by the Republic of Poland
- foreigners who have been granted temporary protection in the territory of Poland
- migrant workers who are citizens of the EU or EFTA countries and the members of their families if residing in the territory of Poland *
- foreigners who have been granted an EU long-term residence permit in the territory of Poland
- foreigners who have been granted a fixed-term residence permit in the territory of Poland, pursuant to some special circumstances, referred to in Articles: 127, 159 section 1, or Article 186 section 1 subsections 3 or 4 of the Act of 12 December 2013 on foreigners (legal basis is given in the decision on issuance of a fixed-term residence permit)
- foreigners who have been granted subsidiary protection in the territory of Poland
- citizens of EU or EFTA countries and members of their families, having the right of permanent residence *
The right to undertake studies on the rules applicable to Polish citizens have also:
- citizens of EU or EFTA countries and members of their families, provided that they have financial resources necessary to cover cost of studying; such students are entitled to receive only scholarships for outstanding learning achievements / sporting achievements (they may also be admitted and study on other rules than applicable to Polish nationals, e.g. as Polish scholarship holders – see path C *
- holders of the valid Card of the Pole (they may also be admitted and study on other rules than applicable to Polish nationals, e.g. as Polish scholarship holders – see path C
* The term citizen of European Union (EU)/ European Free Trade Association (EFTA) country shall be understood as a person holding citizenship of a country being a member of the above-mentioned organisations, except for Poland
NOTE: Foreigners, holding temporary residence permit with annotation „access to labour market”, Polish or Schengen visa issued for the purpose of employment in Poland, undertake studies on a fee-paying basis.
If you have any doubt, please contact the UW Admissions Office.
UW Admissions Office
Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warsaw
Kazimierzowski Palace, Room No. 4
Phone: +48 22 55 24 -043, -048, -075
Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.